For all meat lovers, this Balsamic-Glazed Flank Steak with Orange Gremolata is a delicious dish to add to your repertoire. It’s easy and makes for a beautiful presentation. Put on your apron, and lets get cooking!
Serves: 4 – 6 Degree of difficulty: Easy
Ingredients for the Steak
- 1.5 – 2 lbs. flank steak
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Season the entire steak with salt and pepper. Let it sit at room temperature for a minimum of 30 minutes. (Keep your house cool)
In the meanwhile, prepare the Gremolata and the glaze.
Ingredients for Gremolata
- 1/2 cup flat-leave parsley, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tsp. orange zest
Mixed together and set aside.
Ingredients for glaze
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 TBSP. olive oil
1) Heat olive oil and saute’ the shallot until it’s not longer translucent. Add the balsamic vinegar, bring to a boil and reduce on very low heat for about 10 minutes. Set aside.
2) Grill the steak on high heat for about 4- 5 minutes on each side, depending on your desired doneness. I cooked it for 10 minutes which resulted in a medium, medium rare temperature. Let it sit for a couple of minutes to retain its juices. Slice it diagonally against the grain. Place it on a rectangle serving dish for a delightful presentation. Drizzle the glaze on top, and sprinkle the Gremolata all over the steak. Voila! A wonderful and refreshing way to dress up the meat to the nines. Serve it with a side dish of your choice.
Wine pairing suggestions: Syrah or Shyraz from Australia
Bon Appetit from Gina over at Foodiewinelover
My Food, Wine & Travel Lifestyles
Photos by Gina Martino Zarcadoolas for Foodiewinelover (Canon Rebel T3)
WSET-Level 2 Wine Connoisseur