Tis The Season To Be Jolly, Fa la la la la, la la la la! Recently, I was introduced to a fabulous group of amazing bloggers on Facebook called: Health and Food Bloggers Mastermind Group. It is one of the best experiences I have had using social medias. The members are very creative in the kitchen, and offer an array of culinary expertise from savory to sweet delights. We share similar passions such as cooking, baking, wining, and I enjoy their interactions, and willingness to help newbies such as myself, in the world of blogging. Needless to say, I feel in my comfort zone with this fantastic group.
One of the lovely members, Eleni with My Easy Gourmet, suggested this fun game to spread the holiday spirit. We had to come up with a sweet or savory recipe using a special ingredient. Orange won the most vote, and I am thrilled to share my version with you. I have also shared the other members recipes below, please check them out!
Balsamic-Glazed Flank Steak with Orange Gremolata
Serves: 4 – Degree of difficulty: Easy
Ingredients for the Steak
1.5 – 2 lbs. flank steak
salt and pepper to taste
Season the steak and let it sit at room temperature for a minimum of 30 minutes.
In the meanwhile, prepare the Gremolata and the glaze.
Ingredients for Gremolata
1/2 cup flat-leave parsley, finely chopped
4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
2 tsp. of orange zest
Mixed together and set aside.
Ingredients for glaze
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
1 shallot, chopped
1 TBSP. olive oil
Heat olive oil and saute’ the shallot until it’s not longer translucent. Add the balsamic vinegar, bring to a boil and reduce on very low heat for about 10 minutes. Set aside.
Next, grill the steak on high heat for about 8- 10 minutes depending on your desired doneness. I cooked it for 10 minutes which resulted in a medium, medium rare temperature. Let it sit for a couple of minutes to retain its juices. Slice it against the grain, diagonally and place it on a rectangle serving dish for a delightful presentation. Drizzle the glaze on top, and sprinkle the Gremolata all over the steak. Voila! A wonderful and refreshing way to dress up the meat.
Bon Appetit from Gina’s Kitchen
Please be sure to check out the “Orange” recipes, from my other fellow bloggers.
- Athina Pantazatou with Kicking back the Pebbles shared: A Fun Collab: Christmas Morning Breakfast Bites, Orange Mini-Muffins
- Krystina Kalapothakos from Kouzounas Kitchen shared her MediterraneanQuinoa Salad Ala Orange Balsamic Vinaigrette.
- Eleni Anagnostopoulou from My Easy Gourmet shared her Choco-Orange Cupcakes and her Pork Tenderloin with (orange based) Golden Berry Sauce!
- Natalia Alexander from The Greek Glutton shared her Greek Butter Cookies with Orange Zest.
- Kiki Vagianos from The Greek Vegan shared her Cornbread (Bobota) with Orange Syrup.
- Jackie Mansfield of Edibletcetera – Fast & Fabulous Food shared her Sticky Spiced Blood Oranges.
- Sia Mavris Aristidou from Greek Weddings & Traditions shared her Yiayia Eleni’s Eliopitas – Greek Olive Bread.
- Nidhi Raghav from Platter Joy shared her Chicken & Orange Delight
I hope you have enjoyed this special Holiday Edition of recipe sharing, using orange as an ingredient. Please, keep checking back, as I will be updating the links to new recipes.
Wishing you and yours a joyous holiday season filled with good health, happiness and lots of fun cooking for your loved ones!