I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season with your loved ones. For me, it was about spending quality time with my family and close friends, and enjoy the deliciousness of life. Not only, did I host Christmas Day dinner, but, I also cooked a Prime Rib dinner for my son’s birthday on New Year’s Day. As you can imagine, I have been busy in the kitchen, That’s not all, I also made a very easy and delicious treat, a Nutella Pizza to start 2016 on a sweet note. If you are like me, and don’t have a knack for baking, this dessert is for you. It’s so easy, a 5-year-old can make it, (with an adult’s supervision.) I bought freshly made store-bought pizza dough, and Nutella, a scrumptious hazelnut spread with cocoa. It is the star ingredient in this recipe. I use raspberries and hazelnuts as toppings, but you can use any toppings of your choice, just like you would do in a regular pizza.
Servings: 6-8 Level of difficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. pizza dough*
- Flour to sprinkle on cutting board
- Pam – spray
- 1 – 13 ounce jar of Nutella
- Confectioners sugar for garnish*
- Raspberries, or any fruits of your choice
- Roasted hazelnuts, or any nuts
1) Pre-heat oven to 500 degree F.
2) In the meanwhile, put dough out to reach room temperature. Sprinkle some flour on a wood board, and use a rolling-pin to roll the dough. Stretch it as if you are making a pizza.
3) Spray Pam on the bottom of a round 13-inch pizza pan, place the dough and press it down around the edges. Take a fork, and poke a few holes on pizza to avoid bubbles during baking.4) Place on the middle rack, and bake for exactly 6 minutes, depending on your oven. To check for doneness, lift the bottom of pizza with a fork or knife, and if it has a nice golden brown color, then it’s done. Remove it, and put it on a board.
5) Using a spatula, spread the Nutella all over the pizza while it’s hot. Sprinkle the sugar, and garnish with fruits and nuts. Cut in triangles like a pizza. It gets a little messy but that’s all part of the fun! There will be lots of finger-licking!
I love the idea of hazelnuts because that is one of the ingredients in the Nutella, but you can use any other nuts.
My family told me that I was trying to kill them, in a good way, of course. It was mouth-watering, and devilishly scrumptious.
Tips: 1) You can make a homemade pizza dough
2) Serve it at once, while nutella is hot.
3) Confectioners sugar is the white powder sugar
WARNING: Highly addicting!
Wishing all of you, a Happy and Sweet New Year in The Kitchen!
Updated – 10/27/2016 Dedicated to my beloved dad in heaven. RIP July 2016
My Food, Wine, & Travel Lifestyles
Photo: by Gina for Foodiewinelover
Recipe: by Gina for Foodiewinelover