This is probably the easiest, and most delicious way to eat sea scallops. I don’t make them often, because they are on the expensive side. However, once in a while I like to splurge on these scrumptious sea mollusks. They are a good source of protein, and healthy for you. This method requires very little time to prepare them.
WARNING: SOME PEOPLE MAY BE ALLERGIC TO SHELLFISH
Serves 3-4 Yields about 18-20 large sea scallops
Degree of difficulty: Very easy Cooking time: 6 minutes
- 1.25 lb.large sea scallops, preferably fresh, not frozen
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup Balsamic vinegar
- Olive oil for searing/frying
1) In a medium size bowl, season sea scallops with freshly ground black pepper. Add the balsamic vinegar, mix well. Let it marinate for a minimum of 15 minutes. Turn them at least once. Do not let it sit too much longer in the marinade.
2) On high heat, (almost the highest setting) in a large, stainless-steel frying pan, barely cover the bottom of the pan with olive oil. Make sure, it is hot, if not, you will not obtain the nice golden brown color.
3) Drain the scallops as much as you can, (do not use a paper towel) and place it on the hot pan, in a single layer. Cook on high heat for about 4 minutes. I use the kitchen timer. BE CAREFUL, OIL WILL SPLATTER A LITTLE, and the stove will get messy.
4) Lower the flame to medium, flip scallops, and cook other side for about 2 minutes. That’s it!!! DO NOT OVERCOOK, AS THEY WILL GET CHEWY.
I served the scallops with brown rice, and broccoli. The entire meal took about 30 minutes to prepare from start to finish. I hope you will try it soon.
Happy Cooking From My Kitchen To Yours!