Recently, I watched Giada De Laurentiis on the Food Network, making this delightful salad with Arugula, and wanted to recreate it. Arugula is a peppery green, with deep flavors and packed with vitamins. It requires some acid such as lemon, or vinegar to cut through the intensity.
I could not get enough of this refreshing and delicious salad. If you love arugula like I do, you are in for a nice treat.
Serves 4-6 as a side dish – Level of difficulty: Easy
- 5 packed cups (5 ounces) arugula
- 1 (15-ounce) can cannellini or great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons capers, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (about 1 large lemon)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Salad: In a large salad bowl, combine the arugula, beans, red onion, and capers.
Dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, maple syrup and lemon zest. Slowly whisk in the oil until smooth and mixed well. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Pour the dressing over the salad and toss well to coat. Serve.
As my friend Tonia suggested, throw in some tuna to make it a complete meal.
Recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis
Images by Gina Martino Zarcadoolas for Foodiewinelover
Happy Tossing!! 🥗