I noticed these beautiful Bosc pears at the grocery store, and decided to make a colorful, and festive salad with them. We have no fall here in South Florida, but I wanted to get in the spirit of autumn. This salad is perfect for Thanksgiving, and has all the luscious colors of the season.
Serves 6 – 8 as a side – Level of difficulty: Easy
You can easily double up on the recipe for a larger group
- 5 oz. bag, assorted field greens, pre-washed
- 1 Bosc pear, cut lengthwise
- 3 walnuts, unshelled, broken into medium-sized pieces *
- 1 tbsp. dried cranberries
- 2 oz. blue cheese, crumbled
Place the field greens in a large bowl, arrange the pears, sprinkle the walnuts, cranberries, and the blue cheese on top of the salad.
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup honey
Salt, to taste
Whisk in vinegar, oil, honey and salt, until it’s mixed well. You can also shake all the ingredients in a jar. Taste and adjust if necessary. Pour over the salad just before serving.
Tips: 1) You can also use 1/4 cup candied pecans instead of the walnuts.
2) Add grilled chicken, and make it a meal for a special evening.
Wine “pearing”: A crisp white wine, Sauvignon Blanc, Riesling, or any wine of your choice.
Eat, Drink and put all your troubles aside for at least one day! Wishing you and yours a very Happy Thanksgiving!