With today’s busy lives, people are pressed for time, and need quick and easy recipes for weeknight meals. These Chicken Lettuce Wraps take no time, and are delightful. This is my creation, and I am happy to share my passion in the kitchen with all of you.
Serves: 4 Degree of difficulty: Easy
- 3 tbsp. sesame oil
- 1/4 cup onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup red bell peppers, chopped
- 1/4 cup canned water chestnut, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tsp. fresh ginger, grated
- 2 lbs ground chicken
- 1.5 – 2 tbsp. Soy sauce, low sodium
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup carrots, grated, + more for garnish
- Salt, optional
- 1 head of bib, or butter lettuce leavesPreparation:
- In a large skillet or wok, over medium-high heat, heat oil, add onions, peppers, water chestnut, garlic, ginger. Saute’ for 5 -6 minutes, stir occasionally.
- Add chicken, stir fry for 5 minutes. Add soy sauce, carrots, fry while stirring for another 5-7 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. (Do not attempt to taste unless you are certain chicken is cooked, and has an opaque color)
- Fill the lettuce with the chicken and serve with a peanut, soy or any sauce of your choice. Serve with brown or white rice on the side for a complete meal. Try this easy and delicious meal, and your family will appreciate your love for them, through your cooking.
Happy Stir Frying from My Kitchen to Yours!