This Greek must-have condiment is used as a dipping sauce for a variety of dishes. I use it with lamb dishes, chicken souvlakis and Keftedes, Greek meatballs. Today, I will share with you, my version of Tzatziki Sauce.
- 1/2 cucumber, seeded and diced
- 1 cup of plain Greek Yogurt (2% milk fat) I use Fage brand
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1/3 cup of extra virgin olive oil, plus more to drizzle
- 1/4 tsp. white vinegar
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Mint leaves, chopped, optional
1) Place garlic in food processor or blender, and slowly add oil until it is nicely blended.
2) In a medium-sized bowl, add the yogurt, garlic mixture, cucumber, vinegar, salt, pepper and mint. Mix well. Garnish to your liking! Chill for 15-30 minutes before serving.