If you are pressed for time, all you need is about 20 minutes to make Chicken Piccata. Piccata is a method of cooking. A thin sliced of chicken or veal is coated in flour, pan-fried and served with a sauce. Veal Piccata originated in Italy but the chicken version is more popular in the United States. Chicken breast is commonly used to make this great dish. This recipe is perfect to add flavors to plain boring chicken breast. Today, I am sharing with you a very simple weeknight meal that is quick and delicious. Follow me in the kitchen.
Serves: 4 – Degree of difficulty: Easy
- 1.5 lb. chicken cutlets (not paper thin)
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1/4-1/2 cup of flour
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup capers
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 3/4 cup of white wine, Chardonnay
- Parsley for garnish
- Lemon slices for garnish
Preparation:1) Season chicken with salt and pepper. Drench in flour, and shake off the excess. Set aside.
2) In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, heat olive oil and butter. Pan fry the chicken for 3 minutes on one side. Flip the chicken, add capers, lemon, wine. Cover, and simmer for about 7 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
3) Serve over pasta. Garnish with parsley and lemon slices.
Wine pairing suggestions: Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Vernachia, Verdicchio, Vermentino.
My Food, Wine & Travel Lifestyles